If your sex life is lacking, pick it back up again with this plan for passion. This is a great point of reference for an entire week of improved functioning of everything from your brain to your lady parts. During menopause, it is very common to experience a loss of libido. This is due to the decreased sex hormone levels, which reduces vaginal sensitivity and lubrication. The slump in estrogen and testosterone will make it difficult to become aroused, and even more challenging to reach an orgasm.
Start off the first day of your busy week with some sweet figs. This suggestively-shaped fruit is an aphrodisiac, which is believed to release pheromones that can trigger arousal.
End the day on a relaxed note with meditation. Stress is one of the biggest causes for decreased sex drive, making it even harder to get aroused. Close your eyes and deep breathe, letting go of concerns for 20 minutes.
If you want a midday snack, grab a juicy watermelon. There is high levels of a compound called citrulline, which relaxes blood vessels and improves circulation to your sex organs.
Cardio not only keeps you in shape - it also gets you moving in all the right places. The endorphins will relax you and make you want to take it to the bedroom.
Many things throughout the week can get in the way of quality time with your partner. No matter how busy, make it a point to have a romantic date with your sweetie.
Whether to the beach or a restaurant, be touchy. Hold hands, cuddle, kiss, and be open about your feelings. The affection will fuel you up.
Boost your estrogen levels with a cup of black cohosh tea. This herb is brimming with phytoestrogens, which will work in your body and help restore sexual function, just in time for the weekend.
Deeply relax, gain flexibility, and tone your body with a yoga session. This will get you in touch with your body and mind so that you can be in touch with your partner.
Reward yourself at the end of the week with a couple squares of raw chocolate. This aphrodisiac melts in your mouth and stimulates desire. This is due to phenylethylamine, which induces feelings of love; and theobromine, which makes you alert and happy. Read about other foods for improving libido.
Have a big, satisfying tofu stir fry for dinner. The assortment of vegetables will charge you up with tons of vitamins and nutrients, and phytoestrogenic tofu works wonders for supporting sexual functions.
Accompany your meal with 1 or 2 cups of red wine, as Italian researchers have observed its ability to inspire romance.
If you followed this plan, it is likely that you've had intercourse by now. If not, enjoy some great sex today. The most important thing you can do for your libido is to continue having sex. If you do not, your body will receive fewer and fewer sexual cues. Show your body what you want by getting it on with your partner.
You do not have to endure a halted sex life when you make the right adjustments. If you scatter these tips into each day of your week, you will have increased vaginal lubrication and stronger orgasms. Notice the exciting difference your subtle, yet profound, efforts through the week made. Read about how kegel exercises can help increase libido.
- Beckman, L.J. & Ackerman, K.T. (1995). Women, Alcohol, and Sexuality. Recent developments in alcoholism, 12, 267-285. Retrieved February 14, 2014, from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7624547
- Cormio, L. et al. (2011). Oral L-citrulline supplementation improves erection hardness in men with mild erectile dysfunction. Urology, 77(1), 119-122. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2010.08.028
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (2012). Soy. Retrieved February 20, 2014, from http://nccam.nih.gov/health/soy
- Office of Dietary Supplements. (2008). Black Cohosh. Retrieved February 20, 2014, from http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/BlackCohosh-HealthProfessional/
- University of Maryland Medical Center. (2013). Yoga. Retrieved February 20, 2014, from https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/treatment/yoga